Learn how to work with Endpoint (Configuration) Manager with Windows and Office deployment lab kit!
There could be some situations when you need to learn how to work with Endpoint Manager. Not only this from Cloud, but also with this one which we have on the on-premise environment.
Creating an environment from the beginning takes much time and you need to know how to do this.
What if Microsoft provided something special for us, which can help you learn how to work with Endpoint Configuration Manager, Desktop Analytics, and many other features?
They have created something which is named Windows and Office deployment lab kit, which can be found here.
In a couple of words, what we can find in this lab?
- Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 20H2
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Version 2010*
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 10
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring
- Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
As I said earlier, all basic things are configured. Everything you need to do is create a test tenant for Azure AD, obtain some trial licenses and start learning and working with that lab.
What you can learn in this lab?
Plan and prepare infrastructure
- Desktop Analytics
- Cloud Management Gateway & Cloud Distribution Point
- Tenant attach, co-management, and switching workloads
- Remote access (VPN)
- Optimize Windows 10 update delivery
- Servicing Windows 10 using Group Policy
- Servicing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Servicing Windows 10 with Configuration Manager
- Servicing Microsoft 365 Apps for the enterprise using Configuration Manager
- Servicing Microsoft 365 Apps for the enterprise using Intune
- Security and compliance
- Readiness Toolkit for Office
- MSIX Packaging and Conversion of Win32 applications
Deploy Windows 10
- OS Deployment task sequences in Configuration Manager
- OS Deployment task sequences in the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Windows Autopilot
- Deploy and manage the new Microsoft Edge
Deploy Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Cloud-managed deployment
- Locally managed deployment
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise Deployment on Non-AD Joined Devices
- Enterprise managed deployment using Configuration Manager
- Enterprise managed deployment using Microsoft Intune
- LOB Deployment and Management with Microsoft Intune
- Deploy Microsoft Teams
Deploy Windows Virtual Desktop
- Prepare, deploy, optimize
As you can see, there are many things which you can learn. From my perspective, I learned a lot from that lab and it is absolutely worthy of your time if you want to learn something about Endpoint Manager